Wednesday, 4 March 2009

Reflections

Well, I can't believe it's February already and this is possibly my last blog!! However, I think I will still keep up this blog (or other blogs) as much as I can because I really do think that they are a useful ICT resource. I have found that keeping this blog about my ICT experiences, both in school and out, has helped me to analyse how ICT is used in education and how it perhaps should be used in education.

Considering that I didn't really know what a blog (or Wiki) was before I started the course, I am amazed that I have now been converted into a blogger!! For our science directed activity, my group decided to write a bean blog and found it to be a really useful way of writing our results up in a way that primary school children could use and understand. I will definitely consider using such tools as blogs and Wikis when I become a class teacher, especially with pupils from KS2.

My blog has made me reflect on the use of (or lack of) ICT I have seen used in schools and has made me realise that so much more could be done in schools in terms of ICT. Hopefully, when a teacher, I will be able to introduce some much more 'of the moment' ICT resources into my lessons and am aiming to do this in my coming school based placements.

Overall, it seems I have been converted: into a blogger, a Twitterer (rachfo) and a IWB user! May I continue to use new and innovative ICTs in my classroom to support and benefit my pupils. YAY!

love rach
xxx

1 comment:

The Python said...

Useful comments!

Thank you for persisting with this exercise.